- 7 Ways You Can Save Your Money And Get The Cheapest Auto Insurance
- By:Kian Chew Chong
Cheap car insurance is the goal of most people driving cars these days. More bang for the buck while still having excellent coverage intact is the focus. Even with so many automobile insurance companies advertising the lowest rates available, the auto insurance payments begin to feel like another car payment every month. But shopping around for the best auto insurance quotes is part of the game. You will get the cheapest rates if you follow a few proven steps while shopping around.
1. The number one time tested common sense way to ensure that you will get the most affordable rates from any insurance company is to drive safely and be careful every single time you get behind the wheel of your car.
Use defensive driving techniques to avoid having accidents. Do not exceed the speed limit or any other traffic laws that would result in being ticketed for moving violations. Those points will add up on your driver's license, causing higher auto insurance quotes.
Never get behind the wheel of your car if you have consumed any alcohol or drugs. If you get stopped for and found guilty of driving under the influence that DUI will not only get you a restricted or revoked license, your auto insurance will cost you a lot more money too.
2. Joining an auto club will usually afford you the opportunity to get a group rate on your insurance car. Depending on which auto club you join, these discount auto insurance rates can save you a lot of money in the long run.
3. If you have more than one vehicle in the family, you can realize considerable savings on your total auto insurance by having them all insured with the same insurance company. Multi-vehicle discount rates are a very smart way to get the cheapest rates. Again, it will pay off to check out different insurance companies for the lowest quotes.
4. If you choose to pay a higher deductible, then you will get a lower rate. No one plans on having an accident, so beware that if you do have one; you will have to pay more out of pocket to meet this deductible before the insurance company kicks in to pay the remainder. Many good drivers will pay the lower rates for the higher deductible plans because they do not get into auto accidents. They feel, it is a smart move. Just be aware, anything can happen on the road. No one plans to have accidents, they just seem to happen.
5. If you do not already have a good anti-theft device installed in your car, then consider getting one. Most auto insurance companies will offer cheaper rates to individuals that have a good anti-theft device in the car.
6. People that have excellent credit ratings will receive lower rate quotes to insure their cars. This might not seem fair, but insurance providers will look at your credit rating score to determine if you are reckless and at risk of possibly being delinquent with your premium payments. The higher your credit score, the lower your auto insurance quote.
7. Shop around for quotes. Just getting quotes from one or two insurance companies will give you nothing to compare rates against. When you have checked out a few, then you can really compare and make better choices.
Kian Chew is a car insurance expert and owner of Car Insurance Hot Zone. Car Insurance Hot Zone helps those who wish to lower their car insurance cost for life by using a few basic rules and some strategies which few people know. You can instantly view the secrets by visiting http://www.CarInsuranceHotZone.com